Credit Cards are one of the most useful tools in your financial arsenal. The possibilities of using your Credit Card are endless –from buying a dinner dateto booking tickets for a family tour overseas, or making online payments at various e-commerce websites and so on.Credit Cards are receiving wider acceptance than they have ever got because of the ease of use it provides. You can do just about everything while sitting at home. For instance, let’s take a look at the State Bank of India (SBI). They are one of the largest issuers of Credit Cards in India. In their bid to make the usage of their cards easier, and thus more desirable, you can do everything online. From applying for a Credit Card to checking your SBI Credit Card statusto making payments for your credit, all this and more is possible with just the click of a button.
What are the online transactions you can make throughSBI Credit Card?
SBI has a dedicated website which you can use for Credit Cards. Through this website, you can check out all of their eligibility requirements, details, features, rates and, benefits of their various Credit Cards. You can apply for the card that you are eligible for and which best suits your needs. You can now check your SBI Credit Card status, get your card statement, learn about new deals and rewards, pay your card bills and everything regarding your Credit Card online.
What exactly is Credit Card status?
The Credit Card status essentially discloses the status of your Credit Card application. Card issuing is a tedious and lengthy process, and it can be quite exhaustive for the person applying for it, so SBI allows you to check your SBI Credit Card Status on their website.
Can a Credit Card be used to pay for Fuel?Of course, you can use your Credit Card to pay for just about anything. Some Credit Cards are quite advantageous if you spend a lot on fuel. You get special rewards, bonus reward points, cashback, cess waivers and a host of other rewards for paying for fuel using these cards.
Which are these fuel Credit Cards?
Fuel Credit Cards, often called petrol Credit Cards, get you amazing deals on purchasing fuel for your car using these Credit Cards.
Let’s take a look at the best petrol Credit Cards in India you must have:
- BPCL SBI Credit Card: This card from SBI earns you a wide range of benefits. When you pay the joining fee, you earn 2,000 Activation Bonus Points worth Rs. 500. You earn 1 Reward Point for every hundred rupees you spend, plus 13X Rewards when fuel is bought at BPCL petrol pumps. There is also a 5X Reward for spending on groceries, movie tickets, dining and utility bill payments.The joining fee is Rs. 499 and the annual renewal charges are the same.
- IndianOil Citi Platinum Card: This card helps you save more at Indian Oil Corporation(IOC) outlets across India. You earn 4 Turbo Points for Rs.150 you spend at authorised IOC outlets. Apart from this, you also get a complete waiver of the 1% surcharge on fuel. Grocery shopping at supermarkets earnsyou 2 Turbo Points for each Rs.150 you spend. Apart from this, there are zero annual fees if Rs.30,000 or more is spent in a year
- ICICI HPCL Coral Visa Contactless Card: This card with Visa payWave technology gives you 2 PAYBACK Points on each Rs. 100 2,000 PAYBACK Points can be redeemed for Rs. 500 fuel. You also get a 2.5% cashback on minimum transaction value of Rs. 500 plus a 1% waiver on a surcharge at HPCL outlets. The Culinary Treats program gets you a minimum 15% discount at over 2,100 restaurants and Rs. 100 discount on 2 movie tickets from BookMyShow.HSBC Visa Platinum Card: Although not a fuel card, the HSBC Visa Platinum gives you a fuel surcharge waiver. You get 2 Reward Points for each Rs. 150 and 3X Rewards for online payments for the first2
- HDFC Bharat Cashback Card: This card from HDFC earns you a 5% cashback on fuel purchase. There is also a full fuel surcharge waiver. Apart from this, there are a host of cashback offers and benefits.
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Card: This card provides you 5% cashback on fuel and a waiver of the 1% fuel surcharge. There is also a rewards point’sscheme and other benefits. The card comes with an annual charge of Rs.750.
- HDFC Platinum plus Card: This card, again from HDFC, waive off 2.5% fuel surcharge on every billing cycle. You earn 2 Reward Points for each Rs. 150 you spend. There is also a scheme for earning 50% more rewards if more than Rs. 50,000 is spent
- ICICI Platinum Credit Card: Not exactly a petrol card, but this card also waives off fuel surcharge. There is also a 2.5% cashback on fuel purchase,and you earn 5 PAYBACK points for each Rs. 100
- RBL Bank Titanium Delight Card: Usage of this card provides reward points on fuel purchase without being a Fuel Credit Card. You also get the benefit of no fuel surcharge, plus, a host of other benefits like discounts on shopping and other stuff
- IndusInd Bank Iconia Visa Credit Card: You get a fuel surcharge waiver on paying for your fuel with this card. IndusInd Bank also rewards you with a whole bouquet of rewards at the time of issuing this card as a welcome.